Wednesday 1 August 2012

Marina Abramovic-The Artist Is Present







Marina Abramovic is a performance artist based in New York. Marina Abramovic-The Artist Is Present is a documentary showed her preparing for her retrospective exhibition in MOMA in 2010. At that show, Marina sat in the site for three months six days a week, just sat there silently. She invited the audience sat in the opposite of her. When I watched the performance, my tears just dropped down out of control. As she said that "I am just a trigger, I am just a mirror and actually they become aware of their own life, of their own vulnerability, of their own pain, of everything." Her performance emphasizes human interaction. She challenges the perspectives of the audience by pushing her physical body to the limit. What is art? What is an artist? I think she really dedicates her life to art. She can't live without performing. She is a woman worth respecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment