Tuesday 20 March 2012

Restore after the fully-packed week

My schedule was fully occupied last week. After the artists' talk on Tuesday. I needed to help out on the night of VIP meal and the exhibition opening on Thursday and Friday. During the preparation for the meal, I learnt a new word "Lazy Susan" refers to a rotating tray in Chinese restaurant. Also, the logistics was an important part before the start of the event.
The nights were quite impressive. YangJiang Group performed food calligraphy in front of the guests. I could watch the whole process and it made me feel like I was witnessing a creation of an artwork. There were almost 100 people in total for those two days although some guests finally hadn't turned up on Thursday night. For the gallery, it's really successful. But for me, I think it's too crowded. In addition, the event coincided with Flatpack Festival. It attracted more people coming across to the event.



















There were still a few more days until the artists went back to China. I was their guide during this period. I took them to Manchester on Saturday hanging around galleries and museums. They were very energetic. On Sunday, we went to Ikon Gallery. I met the director again. I didn't know he is the director of Ikon Gallery until he welcomed us to his office. He is a very nice person. I fully agreed what Zheng Guogu said "through this process, you can meet some people who may help you with your future career." Yes, I think I have learnt a lot. Hope that I can go to Guangzhou Triennial this year and meet with the artists again!

No comments:

Post a Comment