Friday 13 July 2012

My new workplace


It was the second day that I started working in Ikon Gallery as an intern. I work under the Exhibitions Team. However, I still need to handle some admin. work, not really challenging but it's always a starting point for a new-comer. The coming exhibition in Ikon Gallery is Boyd & Evans-Views, it's part of the London 2012 Festival. I met with the artists today, they are really really nice, a sweet couple I can see. They started working together since 1968. It's great to take a first look at their paintings and photographs. I love their paintings more than the photograph. Jonathan said that their paintings are very "british". I didn't feel it, maybe because I'm not a local. But I do think the perspectives and angels in most of the paintings are interesting, as if you can see what the artists saw. 

See more:

No comments:

Post a Comment