Monday 23 April 2012

GI 2012

Last week I escaped myself from coursework to go to the Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art. It was really nice. It gave me an overview on how artists explore different ways to display their artworks and  how they utilize the space. There were more than 40 galleries and organization taking part in the festival.  I also came across with some familiar faces too. I saw around 12 exhibitions within two days and it really made me tired. After I visited Glasgow, I strongly feel that there are very few amount of galleries and art organizations in Birmingham as UK's second city. Glasgow's art scene is much more richer than Birmingham.
Here are some of the exhibition highlights:






See the review on Creative Times:  http://www.creativetimes.co.uk/articles/review-glasgow-international-festival-of-visual-art-2012





As very lucky that I have finished the poster, I can start writing my lab report after the enjoyable trip. Today's lesson was really useful. I basically have some thoughts on how I organize the structure of the report. Keep fighting, keep thinking.


This is to encourage myself:
"Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things.And the reason they were able to do that was that they’ve had more experiences or they have thought more about their experiences than other people."
-Steve Jobs


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment